We start the new year with BIG plans and then life gets in the way. July (Mid-Year) is a GREAT time to get back on track with your goals, but you have to have a plan! In this post we talk about the importance of planning, writing down your plans, staying consistent and some tools that can help you with your planning.
3 Reasons Planning is Important:
- Planning helps you to stay organized when it comes to marketing your business
- Planning helps you to stay focused on what you need to do to market your business
- Planning alleviates overwhelm. There are so many ways to market your business that it can be overwhelming, a plan helps to alleviate this overwhelm.
Be sure to write your plan down. It’s important to write it down because:
- It reminds us of what needs to be done. It’s so easy to forget things if we don’t write it down, so writing down your marketing plan reminds you of what you need to be doing.
- It allows you to share the plan with your team. If you have a VA or a team that can help you with your marketing, then having it in writing makes it easier to share with the people who support you with your marketing.
- It helps you to organize your thoughts in one place in your written plan.
How to stay consistent with your planning:
- Plan a 90-Day Period- What are the top 3 things that you need to accomplish in the next 90 days and what are the top 3 marketing activities you need to do to accomplish your goals?
- Month- What do you need to do this next month? What are the top 3 things that you need to focus on in order to reach your goals, attract your ideal clients, etc.?
- Week- What are the top 3 things that are most important to move your business forward and market your business this week?
- Daily- What are the top 3 things you need to complete TODAY?
Here are 3 tools that can help you plan out your marketing activities:
- CoSchedule– An online marketing calendar that allows you to plan out every aspect of your marketing and helps you to automate aspects of your marketing like posting on social media, viewing your scheduled marketing emails, and your blog posts all in one place.
- Google Calendars– You can use Google Calendar to schedule things that you might not schedule on CoSchedule like networking events, meetings, etc.
- The B.E.S.T. Marketing Planner– A physical planner that guides you in writing out your marketing plan for the next 90-days.
Plus, don’t forget to join us in the Mid-Year 5-Day Business Challenge, July 26 – 30, 2021! We have already started but it is not too late to join us. Be sure to sign up today!