Although all of those items I mentioned in the blog post are important to a brand refresh, one item that is also important, but was not mentioned in the post is refreshing the voice of my brand. An aspect of my voice that has been eliminated in the past and will be included with my brand refresh is the importance the role of faith plays in my business.
We are taught that we should separate business and religion (or spirituality), so many people shy away from talking about the role faith plays in their business. Well, with my brand refresh, I have decided to include sharing how faith plays a role in growing my business.
I have had the courage to include talking about the role faith has in business by admiring several successful business women who consistently include and share about their faith in their businesses. These women include:
- Sandra Krakowski– Facebook Marketing Expert and Ad Strategist
- Kim Garst– CEO of Boom Social
- Marshawn Evans– Reinvention Strategist & GODFIDENCE® Coach
- Dani Johnson– Business, Money, and Relationship Expert
So in this post I am sharing 5 ways my faith plays a role in building my business:
[Tweet “5 ways my faith plays a role in building my business, #FaithinBusiness “]
- My Life’s Motto– My business is not my entire life, but it is a major part of my life, so leaving my faith out of such a major part of my life would be a huge mistake. In fact, my life’s motto is “Our life is a gift from God; what we do with that life is our gift to Him“, so what I choose to do in my business is also a part of my gift to God.
- Decisions in Business– Every day we have to make hundreds of choices from tthe minute we wake up to the time we go to sleep. The day to day decisions in my life and in my business are influenced by my relationship with God. When I have a hard time making a decision I always make sure I pray about it before making a final decision. I find prayer and meditation bring a sense of clarity as to what I need to do next.
- Standards in Business– My ability to run my business with integrity and morals is based on my belief in God. There are many ways to make money in business, some methods lack integrity and morals. I would never choose to participate in a method of growing my business that goes against my beliefs in God and the biblical principles that I follow in my life.
- Trusting my intuition– In addition to basing my business decisions on my faith in God, having a personal relationship with Christ allows me to be lead by the Holy Spirit, so trusting my intuition becomes easier because I am lead by the Holy Spirit.
- Knowing that everything is going to be okay– Running a business is like a roller coaster there are a lot of ups and downs, good days and bad days, my faith in God is what pulls me through and helps me to know that no matter what, everything is going to be okay!
All five things play a role in how I build my business. God is my trusted mentor, advisor, and coach, and I am truly thankful for the role my faith in God plays in starting, running, and growing my business.
What about you? Does faith play a role in your business? If so, please share in what ways your faith in God helps you in your business in the comments below:
Also, be sure to sign-up for free updates via email which gives you more insight and inspiration to stay motivated, move your business forward, and make the difference you were born to make. Receive updates right in your inbox!