I recently posted 5 Reasons You Should be Using Text Message Marketing, and got several inquiries and questions regarding text message marketing and how to use it in business, so today’s post is all about How to Use Text Message Marketing in Your Business.
The first thing I want to clear up is that I am talking about using text message marketing to market to individuals who have opted in to your text message marketing campaign. I do not support and I totally disagree with randomly texting individuals marketing messages who have not given you permission to contact them via text.
Once you have built up a text message marketing list, then you can use text message marketing in several different ways. Here are 7 ways to use text message marketing in your marketing mix:
- Special Offers– An easy text message marketing campaign is to text your list a special offer. Special offers could cover several things (coupons, discounts, bonuses, etc.) The key to a successful special offer is that it needs to resonate with your audience. Make sure it is an offer they will appreciate and take advantage of.
- Promote Events– Text message marketing is a great way to spread the word about upcoming events that you may be hosting (workshops, seminars, open house, etc.). Your text message can even include a link to the address where the event is taking place, making it easy for people to find the location.
- Appointment Reminders– Send your clients a friendly reminder of upcoming appointments. This helps to keep everyone on the same page as to when their next consultation or visit is scheduled to take place. You can send out reminders one week out, one day out, and even one hour before. This also helps to eliminate missed appointments
- Tips– Send out relevant tips to your clients via text message. Sometimes just sending helpful and timely tips can be awesome for your clients. The key is to make sure your tips are relevant and will resonate with your audience.
- Flash Sales– Text messaging is great to get the word out about a sale that is happening in a very short amount of time. This type of sale usually occurs within hours (i.e. 9:00 am-1:00 pm, 1:00 pm-9:00pm, etc.). Because of the need to purchase quickly, text messages are a great way to get the word out about flash sales.
- Surveys/Polls– Need feedback on a product, service, etc. Text messaging can be a great way to send a quick poll or survey to get feedback from your audience.
- Welcome Notification– Welcome new customers, clients, members by sending them a welcome text message. This is a great way to stand out and show appreciate to your new customer, client, or member.
Are you using text message marketing in your business? If so, how are you using text message marketing in your business. Be sure to comment below and let us know.