On this episode of the Women Faith + Business Podcast I had an AWESOME chat with Darren DC Lyons. Darren and his lovely wife Elaine founded Korrior, Inc. with a vision to create inspirational books and faith-based media projects. Darren shared so many faith and business nuggets that we can apply in our lives and business.
One of the things that stood out for me on this episode was how Darren shared about the discipline and delight of the Sabbath. The Sabbath allows us weekly, scheduled, committed communion with God and positively impacts our lives and business tune in to learn more.
On this episode you will hear:
- How his health issues sent him on the path of entrepreneurship
- Ways he integrated his faith in his corporate career and in his business
- How observing the Sabbath has impacted his life and business
- How he discerns God’s voice in his business and when he has challenges
- How he looks for God in every situation
- How he experienced a course correction after he lost a client
- The importance of energy, passion, and patience when coaching
- Curiosity, Patience and creativity is there for you to do
- The three lessons that God continuously is teaching him
About Darren DC Lyons
As a customer journey executive for 20 years, Darren built relationships across the
globe, managing a business process outsourcer organization in Asia, Central America and South America. When he was the director of global customer care for 1-800-flowers.com.
Over the past five years, Darren has had numerous health issues, including two below-knee amputations, stage five kidney failure requiring dialysis three times a week, and he is a stroke survivor. Yet, Darren has used the concepts learned managing vendors to help him overcome his physical limitations, leaning into your discomfort, the power of partnerships and the importance of clear, consistent and concise communication.
Darren’s story is one of triumph because of his tenacious desire to fight back for his life through these trials.
Darren and his lovely wife Elaine founded Korrior, Inc. with a vision to create inspirational books and faith-based media projects. Darren’s eBook, A Day in the Life in a Skilled Nursing Facility: Short Stories from a Young Man Trapped in a Nursing Home, was released in September 2018.Darren’s memoir, With Worn Out Tools: Navigating The Rituals of Midlife, was released in the fall of 2021. Darren is a certified John Maxwell trainer, coach and speaker. Darren lost over 270 pounds on a vegetarian diet.
Connect with Darren DC Lyons