March is Women’s History Month which gives us the opportunity to remind ourselves of the many accomplishments of women throughout history including our contribution to culture, society, science, politics and my favorite…business!
Did you know that originally Women’s History was marked by one day but has since evolved to a full month?
Here’s 5 fun facts about Women’s History Month.
- The first Women’s History Day was held in 1909
- The day became Women’s History Week in 1978
- In 1987, it became Women’s History Month
- Since 1995, every president has issued a proclamation declaring March Women’s History Month
- Every Women’s History Month has a theme, this year’s theme is “Women Providing Healing, Promoting Hope,”
Let’s take time to reflect on the theme this month and think of ways we can provide healing and hope especially during these challenging times in the world. Also, let’s take the time to celebrate the many accomplishments and achievements that women have made to society and in the world! Happy Women’s History Month!