As an entrepreneur, business owner, coach, or consultant, if you are using social media as a part of your marketing strategy, you probably know how difficult it is to generate engagement from your social media posts.
However, high engagement is possible with the right content. In this blog post I share 5 Types of Content that Generate Engagement on Social Media.
In order to create engagement on social media, your content should resonate with your ideal audience. Content that resonates with your ideal audience will be shared, which naturally creates engagement and gives you more exposure.
Here are 5 types of content you can create:
- Visually Appealing- Quote pictures are a great example of visually appealing content. Below is an example of a visually appealing quote picture. The picture looks nice and is geared towards the Female Entrepreneur Association’s target audience and the quote resonates with the audience. With over 378 likes and 130 shares, this visually appealing graphic worked well for FEA.
- Valuable and Useful- Sharing tips, tools, and articles that your ideal client would find valuable and useful is also a great way to create content that will be shared. The FEA post in #1 was not only visually appealing, but it also included a useful tip.
- Tell a story- Story telling is an awesome way to relay information. When the story is relateable and resonates with your ideal audience, they will share the post, so tell stories when you post on social media. The LinkedIn post below is a story that I have seen circulate on LinkedIn by different people, but you can see from the post that with 28,528 Likes and 698 comments, it really resonated with people.____________
- Support a Cause- People like to get behind causes that they support, so support causes that resonate with your ideal clients and create social media posts around that social cause.
- Inspirational- Inspirational Quotes work well on all social networks. This simple Quote on Twitter garnered over 1.2K Retweets and 2.8K hearts
For more ways to create shareable content, be sure to check out the following articles:
KimGarst.com- How to Create Insanely Shareable Content
CoSchedule Blog- 15 Ways To Create Shareable Content That Will Explode Your Traffic
Are you utilizing any of these strategies to get engagement on social media? If so, what results have you seen for your business.
Need help with your social media strategy, be sure to download the Marketing Essentials Checklist 21 Things You Must do in Order to Get Amazing Results from Your Social Media Marketing