As an independent business owner, coach or consultant, you know the importance of using social media in your business, but do you know what type of content to post to encourage engagement with your fans and followers?
In this blog post, I am going to review five steps to posting engaging content for your fans and followers that will also help to grow your business:
[Tweet “Five steps to posting engaging content for your fans and followers that will also help to grow your business. #MarketingEssentials”]
- The first and most important step is to know your target audience. Before you will ever be able to post content that your fans and followers engage with, you must first understand your audience. Understand what their needs, desires and frustrations may be, and tailor your content around those topics. It helps to know your target audience’s demographics (age, gender, income level, etc.), but more important for social media is to understand their psychographics (dreams, desires, attitudes, tastes, etc. ). Once you understand your target audience’s demographics and psychographics, you will be better able to select content that will resonate with your audience, which will increase engagement.
- Always remember that social media is “social”, so your goal, no matter what social media platform you decide to use, is to be social with the content that you post. Think about your posts as talking to a friend. If you were talking to a friend about a particular topic or subject what would that conversation sound like? Create conversational posts. Starting a post with a question can help to be more conversational. Another way to be social is to be entertaining. After all people are on social media to be social, not to hear you pitch your business, so think of ways that you can create entertaining posts. Some examples of conversational/entertaining posts can include:
- Funny posts from Someecards
- Inspirational Quotes
- Questions that spark nostalgia or just a really good feeling
- Filling in the blank statements
- Individuals are very visual, so regardless of what platform you choose, pictures and videos tend to get the most engagement, so if you create pictures and videos that will resonate with your target audience, you will receive more engagement. Even if you do not create the pictures and video yourself, but you share it with your audience and it resonates with them, that is also a great way to create engagement.
[Tweet ” regardless of what platform you choose, pictures and videos tend to get the most engagement. #MarketingEssentials #SocialMedida”]
- As an expert in your field, you also want to post content that educates your audience, and showcases your expertise. This type of content can include:
- Blog Posts
- Recommended Tools
- Lastly, one of your goals on social media should be to get new business. If this is the case, you also need to post promotional content. This type of content can encourage people to get to know you better or work with you. This can include:
- Special deals or promotions
- Join your e-mail list
- Attend your event
Are you using social media marketing in your marketing mix? Are you posting engaging content for your fans and followers? Be sure to download the 21 Top Social Media Marketing Tips and start using social media effectively today!