REPOST FROM 07/11/17
It’s a simple philosophy and an even easier marketing strategy for your business that when implemented can change everything for you and your business. However, it goes against conventional business and marketing advice. You may be thinking, what is it? Well, it’s Walking by Faith.
Walking by Faith is something I hear a lot in the religious arena, but not necessarily in the business arena. In fact, it is a scripture that I live by and is found in 2 Corinthians 5:7, it says, “For we walk by faith, not by sight“, so how does this apply to your business and marketing?
Well, first we have to define faith. According to dictionary.com, Faith is athe Bible, faith is defined as “…faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” Hebrews 11:1, so to summarize, faith can be defined as believing in something that there is no proof or evidence of.
So how does this relate to you and your marketing? As an entrepreneur or small business owner, at some point in time you had to believe in an idea or concept that you had no proof or evidence was going to work. It’s risky to start something not knowing if it will workout, but that is what you do as an entrepreneur or small business owner, there is no guarantee of success!
Even if you do the best market research and hire the best experts, there is a possibility that your idea or concept will fail, in fact the possibility of failure is high seeing that most businesses fail in the first 5 years of business, yet we continue on our business path not because of the evidence or proof that it will work, but the belief in what we are doing.
It’s so important as entrepreneurs to not fear failure, but to have faith, so many people fear failure that they don’t start a new business, don’t try out a new marketing concept, or can’t get out of their comfort zone when it comes to their marketing activity, the ones who fear less and have more faith are the ones that truly succeed in business.
Here are some examples of how you can use faith over fear in your business:
In order to innovate, you need to think differently and do things differently than what everyone else is doing. You have to believe that what you are creating is something that will work and be viable and useful in the market place. There are so many examples in history of individuals who innovated and were successful in business:
- The Wright Brothers– Considered the fathers of modern aviation, they created the first successful airplane by developing innovative technology.
- Steve Jobs– the co-founder of Apple Computer . Apple’s innovative products, which include the iPod, iPhone and iPad, are now seen as dictating the evolution of modern technology.
You have to be inspired as to what to do next for your business. Inspiration can be found in so many ways, we can be inspired by thought, by sight, by sound, but it is in taking action on your inspiration that we see results in our business.
- McDonald’s- Richard and Maurice McDonald founded the fast food restaurant chain. They were inspired to create this business model by the principles of the production line this was something that was never done in the restaurant business before. Today, McDonald’s is the world’s largest restaurant chain, serving approximately 68 million customers daily in 120 countries across approximately 36,900 outlets.
- Ford Motor Company– Henry Ford the founder of the Ford Motor Company was inspired to create automobiles using an assembly line technique in order to mass produce automobiles and make it affordable for the average man.
In order to be a visionary, you have to use your imagination to create things or imagine things in a new way. If it wasn’t for imagination then there would be no evolution things would just remain the same.
- Disney– Walter Elias Disney an American entrepreneur, animator, voice actor and film producer used his imagination to create the happiest place on earth, Disneyland and Disney World.
In what ways can you Walk by Faith and use innovation, inspiration and imagination in your business?