As a business owner, coach or consultant, you probably know the importance of MARKETING your business in order to GROW your business. However, there are 1,001 ways to market your business, so how do you know what will work BEST for your business without wasting a lot of time and money?
One way to figure out if a marketing strategy is right for you and your business is to answer the following questions:
- Who are your ideal customers?
- Where are your prospects?
- What is the BEST way to showcase your business to attract your prospects?
Once you answer these questions, this will help you narrow down the right types of marketing activities for you. However, no matter what industry you may be in, one marketing strategy that stands out is events.
When I say events, I mean online or offline events, which can include conferences, trade shows, workshops, seminar, webinars, telesummits, etc. Attending or even hosting events consistently can really GROW your business, but just like any marketing strategy that you choose you have to do three things in order to be successful:
- Plan– Plan what events you will be attending or hosting. Think through why this would be a good event for you to attend. Will the event have a lot of potential partners, prospects, etc..? Will you learn new things that can help you grow your business? Will you meet the right people who you could partner with and collaborate with, or people who are in your target market and could be potential prospects? If you are planning an event for your business like a webinar, workshop, seminar, conference, etc., there are a lot of details that go into planning an event and you also have to think through how the event will benefit your business and the participants. Whether you are attending or hosting an event, be sure to put a plan in place!
- Execute- Sometimes we can get stuck in the planning stage and never really make the moves to hold or attend these events. If you plan to attend an industry event, be sure to mark it on your calendar early so you will have plenty of time to plan around the event, it’s so important to be totally present at an event so it helps to plan to be out of the office and make the necessary arrangements that things will run smoothly without you being in the office so all your attention and focus can be on the event. If you are planning your own event, make sure you are working with a team that can help with all the little details of an event.
- Review– After you have attended or hosted an event, it is important to review what went well and what could have gone better. What would you do differently if you plan to attend or host the event again? Some people plan and execute, but never take the time to review the results and figure out the Return on Investment (ROI) of the event. Taking the time to fully review your results of attending or hosting an event can help you to figure out what you need to do for your next event.
When done correctly, events can be a great way to grow your network, connect with partners and prospects, and those connections can lead to growth in your business. Sometimes you experience the results of attending an event immediately, whether it’s implementing something you learned at a conference, workshop, or seminar, or getting an immediate customer on a webinar, or teleseminar. Sometimes it takes time and nuturing before you get the return on you investment. Either way, whether you get immediate results or results over time, events are a great marketing strategy to add to your marketing mix.
If you’re in the Atlanta area be sure to check out my upcoming event Purpose, Profit, and Passion on Saturday, September 24th at 10:00 am