One of the first steps to any successful marketing campaign is to IDENTIFY your IDEAL target market. When it comes to identifying your ideal target market, there are two main factors that you should consider:
- DEMOGRAPHICS– this is a description of your target market that includes factors such as age, gender, income level, marital status, ethnicity, etc.
- PSYCHOGRAPHICS– this is a description of the personality type and interests of your target market and includes things like, values, beliefs, characteristics, hobbies etc.
Once you take the time to describe your target market, then you are better able to REACH your ideal target market!
The next step after defining your target market is finding out where your target market gathers in LARGE quantities both online and offline. This could include places like:
- Networking Events
- Meetup groups
- Facebook groups
- LinkedIn groups
- Specific Social Networking Groups
Now you know WHO your target market is and WHERE they hangout, the next step is HOW to reach out to them, and this could include activities such as:
- Sponsoring Events
- Participating in Tradeshows
- Attending Conferences
- Speaking at Meetings
- Joining Clubs & Organizations
- Partnering with associations
- Online Advertising
- Adding to conversations on online groups
Once you know WHO your target audience is, WHERE they hangout in large quantities, and HOW to reach out to them, you are ready to start executing your marketing campaign.
What other techniques do you use to identify and reach out to your target market?