As a business owner you have to make many business decisions all the time, but how do you know if you are making the right decision for your business? I feel there are 3 things you should ALWAYS consider before making ANY business decision. These 3 things are:
- Logic– this is when we use our mind to think about the consequences of the decision. We try to decide will this decision make logical sense for my business mission or goal? Most business owners always consider the logical reasoning before making a business decision. Logical reasoning includes things like:
- Does this make sense for my business?
- How much will it cost me if I do this, or what will it cost me if I don’t do this?
- How will this affect the bottom line?
- How profitable could this be?
- How much time and energy would I have to spend on this?
- Emotion– Some business owners consider the emotional side of making a business decision, but not all business owners do. The emotional reasoning includes:
- How would this decision make me feel about the business?
- How do I feel about working with the individuals involved?
- Do I feel this could really work?
- Is my heart in it?
- Spirit- Now this factor is overlooked by many business owners, but could quite possibly be the most important factor. The spirit is the small voice inside of you (your gut) that usually tells you whether this is right for your business or not. It is not based on logic or feelings, but on your intuition! Sometimes we overlook the spirit in making business decisions because logically the decision looks like it makes sense, or even emotionally we really feel that it could work, but the spirit is somewhat like knowing but not recognizing. The spiritual reasoning includes:
- Not really being able to explain why it makes sense or does not make sense, but you just know
- Not being able to reason whether a decision is right or wrong, but you just know
- Not relying total on your feelings, but relying on the sense or the direction the decision will take you
- Paying attention to those small clues that are usually overlooked that give you guidance and direction on the right decision to make
Each decision factor is very different, but all are necessary and should be considered before making ANY business decision!