Let’s continue our discussion on the ways you can use email marketing to grow your business. In the first part of this series, I talked about using Announcement Emails as a part of your marketing strategy. If you didn’t get a chance to read Part 1, be sure to check out the blog post, 3 Powerful Types of Email Marketing You Can Use to Grow Your Business (Part 1)
In this post let’s talk about how you can use Autoresponder Emails to grow your business. An Autoresponder is an email or a series of emails that are automatically sent when someone opts into an email list.
We see this all the time online, when you opt-in to receive an ebook, checklist, course, video training etc., a large percentage of the time you are then added to an Autoresponder, which automatically sends you an email with the specific download you requested, and then over the next couple of days you more than likely will receive a series of additional emails.
The wonderful thing about Autoresponders is as a business owner you can set it and forget it, once you set it up, it will continuously run as a campaign in the background of all your email marketing activity.
Let’s look at an example of how an Autoresponder series can work in your business:
- The FREE offer– Decide on what your audience would preceive as a valuable freebie. Would they be interested in a checklist, a guide, an ebook, a free course, etc. Once you’ve decided what that offer should be, then create the offer. For example, I have a library of free items that I offer my audience, which includes, checklist, courses and I am working on creating a free challenge.
- The Landing Page– Once you have decided what your free offer is going to be and you have created the offer, then you need to create a landing page that talks about the offer and why it is so valuable. A landing page is a stand alone page that is not attached to your website so it doesn’t have the distractions of the menus and other things you may have on your website. The focus of a landing page is one thing and one thing only- your offer. You can create a simple landing page with a couple of paragraphs and an online form for people to complete to give you their information to access the free offer.
- Email Autoresponder #1– This email thanks them for getting your free offer and also provides a link to the offer. When they complete the form on the landing page, you can give them immediate access to the free offer, but it’s also a good idea to email the offer to them also.
- Email Autoresponder #2– Now that you know what this person is interested in based on what they opted in to receive, you can set-up another email that offers some additional information and value regarding the topic. An example of additional value can include links to blog posts about the topic, links to videos about the topic, etc.
- Email Autoresponder #3– In this email you can offer some more valuable information this can include stories of people who have been successful with the topic, it could be statistics of why this topic is so important. etc.
- Email Autoresponder #4– In this email you can make an offer for a product or service that you offer that acts as a solution for the topic. This is the next logical step because you know they are interested in this topic, you’ve given them valuable information about the topic, the last and final email should offer your solution regarding this topic.
As long as you continue to make the free offer, you will continue to have people in your pipeline and your Autoresponders will be automatically working on your behalf in the background, educating, offering value and make offers that can lead to sales for your business.
This is why Autoresponders are such a powerful email marketing strategy for your business. Are you using Autoresponders in your business? If so, be sure to comment below and let us know how it is working for your business.
Up next in the series, I will be discussing Email Automation and how you can use this email marketing strategy in your business. If you’re thinking about using email marketing in your business, or you are currently using email marketing, be sure to download your amazing email marketing checklist.